Develop two online courses to support volunteers in the delivery of ethics education to children.
About Primary Ethics
We are an independent not-for-profit organisation delivering an engaging, age-appropriate, interconnected philosophical ethics curriculum to children in Kindergarten to Year 6. We provide this free of charge via a network of trained and accredited volunteer teachers. Ethics classes have been enthusiastically adopted in over 500 schools in NSW and we take pride in our reputation as an effective and well-regarded education provider within the public school system.
Based in Potts Point, we currently have a staff of 9 (7.5FTE) managing approaching 2500 volunteer teachers, coordinators and regional managers across NSW.
Design and develop two short online CPD courses for our volunteer ethics coordinators, using content provided by our subject matter experts.
Courses are to be developed using Articulate Storyline software, which will be available on a PC in our office in Potts Point.
- Work with our subject matter experts (two Volunteering Managers), who will provide all content in a word document, and will be available to clarify and approve changes if requested.
- Provide instructional design to check sequencing and chunk the content into bite-size pieces.
- Suggest exercises and activities to enhance the learning process, using only the functions available in Articulate Storyline.
- Check assessment questions are appropriate.
- Design layouts, in keeping with our style guide.
- Build two eLearning courses using Articulate Storyline (approx. 75 slides each).
Hours and location
This is a contract position, with start date asap.
Hours are flexible, but priority will be given to applicants who can provide more hours each week to ensure a speedy completion.
You will be able to complete some work off-site, but unless you have your own copy of the software, will need to be in the office to build the course.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Experience in designing and developing engaging eLearning courses for adults
- Competent using Articulate Storyline software
- Experience working with subject matter experts.
- High level written communication and proof-reading skills.
- Available to start immediately
- Available to work full-time until completion
- Experience working with volunteers
$2,500 (ex GST)
Contractor must invoice Primary Ethics quoting ABN.
Please send a Cover Letter addressing the skills and experience, CV and links to relevant samples of your work to Karen Lee, Training Manager Primary Ethics, at email@example.com