We’ve collated some of the presentation materials from the Primary Ethics State Conference, held at Western Sydney University on Saturday 26 October.
These materials have been generously provided by our speakers to help keep our volunteers connected with information and ideas. Permission for public use has not been provided.
Please contact email@example.com to request any use of these materials other than for personal use. Thank you.
Why the skills Primary Ethics teaches are vital for the future (video) – Dr Simon Longstaff Director, Primary Ethics Board
In the beginning – Verity Firth Executive Director, Social Justice, UTS Centre for Social Justice and Inclusion, Former NSW Minister for Education and Training (2008 – 2011)
Knowledge building sessions
- 21st century skills in the Primary Ethics curriculum – Sophie Paterson Educator and Primary Ethics Trainer
- Engaging and sustaining volunteers – Penny and Sally Jope Ethics Coordinator and Ethics Teacher, Central Coast
- Classroom management – Coral Sturgess Classroom Support Team Manager
- What is philosophical ethics? – Kelby Mason Philosopher and Primary Ethics Trainer
- Primary Ethics in a Montessori School – Renee Bilston: slideshow and speech
- The Outcomes of Volunteering with Primary Ethics – Mitra Gusheh Executive Manager Social Impact, Centre for Social Justice and Inclusion, UTS
- Update on the high school ethics program – Coral Sturgess Project Coordinator
- What does our future look like?- Elizabeth Allen Engagement and Administration Manager