Primary Ethics is an independent not-for-profit organisation delivering an engaging, age-appropriate, interconnected philosophical ethics curriculum to children in Kindergarten to Year 6. We provide this free of charge via a network of trained and accredited volunteer teachers. Ethics classes have been enthusiastically adopted in over 500 schools in NSW and we take pride in our reputation as an effective and well-regarded education provider within the public school system.
We currently have a staff of 9 (7.5FTE) managing approaching 2800 volunteer teachers, coordinators and regional managers across NSW.
This is a permanent, full-time role, working out of our office in Potts Points (very close to Kings Cross station). At times, the Training Administrator may be required to travel to training venues around Sydney.
The role reports to the Training Manager.
Manage the delivery of our training courses to ensure that Primary Ethics offers sufficient training courses to meet the training demand in a cost-effective manner, ensuring all stakeholders (trainers, venues, volunteers and staff) have up-to-date information, resources and support.
- Manage relationships with venues
- Communicate with trainers re allocations and logistical information
- Manage the training calendar
- Update relevant information on the Learning Centre
- Communicate with volunteers regarding training
- Prepare and distribute training resources
- Manage the training evaluation process
- Contribute to streamlining and improving the volunteer experience
- Other duties as required
Skills and Experience
The role requires a mix of organisational skills and sensitive relationship management.
- Excellent general administration skills and attention to detail
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- High level of PC literacy and confidence in an online environment
- Capable of learning new processes and systems quickly
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage time and ensure deadlines are met
- Previous experience with Janison CLS
- Drivers Licence
- Experience in working with volunteers
Candidates should understand and support our mission to provide philosophical ethics classes for children in NSW public primary schools and be committed to professionalism in all aspects of their work.
As a charity, Primary Ethics cannot offer market salaries but we do offer flexibility and a friendly work environment. Remuneration will be negotiated with the successful candidate and will be between $50 – $60K, including superannuation.
We encourage talented, resilient and motivated applicants from different backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with disabilities, and people re-entering the workforce.
Please send a Cover Letter explaining why you think you would be a good fit for this role, along with your CV, to Karen Lee, Training Manager Primary Ethics, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 5pm Friday 30 August.