Do something life-changing this year and become a volunteer ethics teacher. You’ll be rewarded with a unique learning and development opportunity while supporting children to think logically, disagree respectfully and use evidence and reasoning to make decisions rather than act out of habit or peer pressure. Teach ethics and you’ll be helping children develop important skills for life.
If you have a genuine rapport with children and a keen interest in learning, and are available to run a short class at a set time each week, then ethics teaching may be the volunteer opportunity for you.
You’ll be taken to a simple application form and asked to upload a short CV under 1MB in size. (Why do I need a CV?)
We look forward to welcoming you to our team of 2,300 volunteers delivering ethics education in local primary schools across NSW.
WHY BECOME AN ETHICS TEACHER?
Steps to becoming an ethics teacher
- Submit an online application
- Successfully complete the interview and approval process
- Obtain the required Primary Ethics criminal history check and a Working with Children Check
- Complete online training
- Successfully complete a two-day ethics teacher training workshop
- Review our Guidelines for Volunteers and sign our engagement form
- Participate in Continuing Professional Development as required
Topics covered in ethics teacher training include
- Facilitation skills, eg: procedural questioning, neutral responses, non-verbal communication, small groups and activities
- Child protection awareness
- Behaviour management strategies
- Philosophical framework overview
- Community of inquiry approach to learning
- Using the Primary Ethics lesson materials