If you’d like to teach ethics and volunteer at a school near you, please apply at primaryethics.com.au/volunteer. You’ll need a minimum of 2-3 weeks to complete recruitment, background checks and background training. You’ll then be able to attend one of our free training sessions, either face to face or online, subject to a place being available.
Contact our Helpdesk for further information about any of these training events.
New teacher training workshops
Face to face workshops are restricted to 16 participants to ensure adequate social distancing. In the light of Covid restrictions, there are currently no in-person workshops scheduled.
Online training course participants need to be able to commit to attend Zoom sessions at the same time every week, usually for a period of 5 weeks, though timetables vary.
The course commences with a 1 hour introductory session. For the following four sessions, there is a 2 hour Zoom session with a Primary Ethics trainer. In preparation for that weekly session, participants must complete some self-paced e-learning and contribute to an online forum (these two activities combined will take approximately 1 hour per week.)
The next courses will take place on:
- Tuesdays, 7-9pm, starts 19 October, then 26, then 2 November, 9, 16
- Thursdays, 12.30-2.30pm, starts 21 October, then 28, then 4 November, 11, 18
- Fridays 10.30-12.30pm, starts 22 October, then 29, then 5 November, 12, 19
- Sundays 1-3pm, starts 24 October, then 31, then 7 November, 14, 21
Ethics Coordinator – Virtual Classrooms
Face to face Ethics Coordinator workshops are on hold until further notice. Ethics Coordinator Virtual Classrooms are available as an alternative for coordinators to complete their training. An online workshop is coming up on Sunday 7 November, 1-4pm. Contact Darcie Funk on email@example.com to book in.
Feedback from recent training sessions:
- ‘Possibly the best structured and most professionally delivered training course I have ever attended. Thank you’
- ‘Excellent program. I have been working in tertiary education over the past year and I think this was some of the best training in facilitating small group learning I have received’
- ‘I was so amazed with the training, how much practical training was present and how ready I feel now to the class, even though I was getting nervous about it before training. Thank you very much.’
- ‘The material presented to me was precise and logical. It combined to provide a conclusion that would prepare me in commencing my role as a teacher.’
Meet our trainers here.