If you’d like to teach ethics and volunteer at a school near you, please apply at primaryethics.com.au/volunteer. You’ll need a minimum of 2-3 weeks to complete recruitment, background checks and background training. You’ll then be able to attend one of our free training sessions, either face to face or online, subject to a place being available.
Contact our Helpdesk for further information about any of these training events.
New teacher training workshops
Face to face workshops are restricted to 16 participants to ensure adequate social distancing.
- Saturdays 5-12 June (9.30am-4.30pm): Meadowbank northern Sydney
- Saturdays 10-17 July (9.30am-4.30pm): Meadowbank northern Sydney
- Sunday 25 July-1 August 9.30am-4.30pm: UTS near Central station
- Saturday-Sunday August 21-22 (9.30am – 4.30pm) University of Wollongong
New teacher training online courses
Online training course participants need to be able to commit to attend Zoom sessions at the same time every week for a period of 5 weeks.
The course commences with a 1 hour introductory session. For the next four weeks, there is a 2 hour Zoom session with a Primary Ethics trainer. In preparation for that weekly session, participants must complete some self-paced e-learning and contribute to an online forum (these two activities combined will take approximately 1 hour per week.)
The next round of courses will take place on:
- Wednesday, Friday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday 12.30-2.30: starts 14 July, then 16, 19, 21, 23
- Thursday & Sunday 11am-1pm: starts 15 July then July 18, 22, 25, 29
- Fridays 9.30-11.30am: starts 16 July then July 23, 30, August 6, 13
- Saturdays 2-4pm: starts 17 July then July 24, 31, August 7, 14
- Monday & Thursday 9.30-11.30am: starts 19 July then July 22, 26, 29, August 2
Ethics Coordinator – Virtual Classrooms
Face to face Ethics Coordinator workshops are on hold until further notice. Ethics Coordinator Virtual Classrooms are available as an alternative for coordinators to complete their training.
The following date is now available:
- Friday 18 Jun (9.30am – 12.30pm)
Feedback from recent training sessions:
‘Possibly the best structured and most professionally delivered training course I have ever attended. Thank you’
‘Excellent program. I have been working in tertiary education over the past year and I think this was some of the best training in facilitating small group learning I have received’
‘I was so amazed with the training, how much practical training was present and how ready I feel now to the class, even though I was getting nervous about it before training. Thank you very much.’
‘The material presented to me was precise and logical. It combined to provide a conclusion that would prepare me in commencing my role as a teacher.’
Meet our trainers here.