If you’d like to teach ethics at a school near you, please apply here. You’ll need a minimum of 2-3 weeks to complete the initial interview, background checks and our brief preliminary online information courses. You’ll then be able to attend one of our free teacher training sessions, either face to face or online. Scroll down for the details and dates. Contact our Helpdesk for further information about any aspect of training.
What trainees say about our training sessions:
- ‘Possibly the best structured and most professionally delivered training course I have ever attended.’
- ‘Excellent program. I have been working in tertiary education over the past year and I think this was some of the best training in facilitating small group learning I have received’
- ‘I really am so blown away by how good the training is!’
- ‘I was so amazed with the training, how much practical training was present and how ready I feel now to take the class, even though I was getting nervous about it before training. Thank you very much.’
New teacher training
Face-to-face workshops are restricted to 16 participants to ensure adequate social distancing. Attendees must be fully vaccinated. There will be other COVID-safe protections in place.
The next in-person workshops are:
- Saturday-Sunday June 4-5, UTS, 9.30am-4.30pm
- Saturdays June 18 and 25, Meadowbank (north of Strathfield in Sydney), 9.30am-4.30pm
Online training course participants need to commit to attend all Zoom sessions, usually at the same time every week for a period of four weeks, though timetables vary. All sessions are run ‘live’ in person by a Primary Ethics trainer.
Each of the four sessions are two-and-a-half hours. Participants must also complete some self-paced e-learning and contribute to an online forum (these two activities combined take approximately one hour per session).
The next courses will take place on:
- Fridays 9.30am-12pm, starts 27 May, then June 3, 10, 17 – group 190
- Sundays 10.30am-1pm, starts 5 June, then June 12, 19, 26 – group 193
- Mondays/Thursdays 6.30pm-9pm, starts 6 June, then June 9, 16, 20 – group 194
Contact Danya Webb on email@example.com for more details or to book into the next workshop.