If you’d like to teach ethics at a school near you, please apply here. You’ll need a minimum of 2-3 weeks to complete background checks and our brief preliminary online information courses. You’ll then be able to attend one of our free teacher training sessions, either face to face or online. Scroll down for the details and dates. Contact our Helpdesk for further information about any aspect of training.
What trainees say about our training sessions:
- ‘Possibly the best structured and most professionally delivered training course I have ever attended.’
- ‘Excellent program. I have been working in tertiary education over the past year and I think this was some of the best training in facilitating small group learning I have received’
- ‘I was so amazed with the training, how much practical training was present and how ready I feel now to take the class, even though I was getting nervous about it before training. Thank you very much.’
New teacher training
face to face workshops
Face to face workshops are restricted to 16 participants to ensure adequate social distancing. Attendees must be fully vaccinated and wear a mask.
If you’re interested in attending a face to face course, contact Darcie Funk on email@example.com
Online training course participants need to be able to commit to attend Zoom sessions at the same time every week, usually for a period of 5 weeks, though timetables vary.
The course commences with a 1 hour introductory session. For the following four sessions, there is a 2 hour Zoom session with a Primary Ethics trainer. In preparation for that weekly session, participants must complete some self-paced e-learning and contribute to an online forum (these two activities combined will take approximately 1 hour per week.)
The next courses will take place on:
- Tuesdays/Fridays, 9.30-11.30am, starts 25 January, then 28, 1,4,8 February (group 140)
- Mondays/Thursdays, 6.30-8.30pm, starts 31 January, then 3,7,10,14 February (group 141)
- Tuesdays, 10am-12noon, starts 1 February, then 8, 15, 22, then 1 March (group 142)
- Tuesdays 9.30-11.30am, starts 1 February, then 8, 15, 22, then 1 March (group 143)
- Tuesdays 6.30-8.30pm, starts 1 February, then 8, 15, 22, then 1 March (group 144)
- Wednesdays 6.30-8.30pm, starts 2 February, then 9, 16, 23, then 2 March (group 145)
Ethics Coordinator – Virtual Classrooms
Face to face Ethics Coordinator workshops are on hold until further notice. Ethics Coordinator Virtual Classrooms are available as an alternative for coordinators to complete their training. An online workshop is coming up on Friday 10 December 10.30am-1.30pm. Contact Darcie Funk on firstname.lastname@example.org to book in.
Meet our trainers here.