- Are looking to support Primary Ethics in a volunteering role that offers flexibility, variety and high levels of personal satisfaction…
- Have expertise in in adult education or coaching and enjoy supporting others to improve and achieve their goals…
- are interested in working in a team and developing new skills…
…then joining the Primary Ethics CST team could be the opportunity you’ve been seeking.
Join the team
As a volunteer Classroom Support Team (CST) member, you will be part of a team that provides support and advice to our ethics teachers. Your expertise in coaching and strong interpersonal skills will come to the fore when you are:
- speaking with teachers on the phone and providing individualised support and advice
- observing teachers’ lessons and providing individualised feedback
- participating in (face-to-face or virtual) teacher meetings providing general information and advice.
For more information about what to expect when you volunteer with our CST:
- read the CST position description
- watch a video of an ethics class in action
- check your English language proficiency
- watch the video on ‘an introduction to philosophical ethics’.
Steps to becoming a Classroom Support Team member
- Submit your application and complete a successful interview (see CST Position Description)
- Obtain the required Primary Ethics criminal history check and a Working with Children Check
- Be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Review our Guidelines for Volunteers and sign our engagement form
- Complete our training and induction program.
If you have any questions, please contact Coral Sturgess, Classroom Support Team Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone during business hours: 02 8068 7752.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team of thousands of volunteers.