- Have experience in coaching, adult education or human resource management or would like to develop skills in giving effective feedback
- Are looking to support Primary Ethics in a volunteering role that offers flexibility and variety…
…then joining the Primary Ethics CST team could be the opportunity for you.
Classroom Support Team members support volunteer ethics teachers by providing phone support, observing a class and sharing feedback or participating in ethics teacher meetings. Team members work as coaches to support teachers to work within the Primary Ethics facilitation and teaching framework in ways that suit both the teacher and their particular students and school context. The role will best suit you if you have around 10 hours a term to give.
- Online Child Protection Awareness Training (20-30 minutes)
- Online Introductory course for existing volunteers (20 minutes)
- Two–day new teacher face-to-face training (if required)
- Basic coaching and feedback training
- Shadowing visits with existing CST members and assessment
- Continuing professional development.
- Working with Children Check
- Full vaccination for Covid-19
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to volunteer the equivalent of 10 hours across the school term
- Must be able to work remotely and be a self- starter
- Flexibility to respond to the varying times and days on which ethics classes are conducted
- Ability to coordinate CST visits by communicating with the relevant ethics teacher and ethics coordinator
- Confidence in providing constructive feedback to adults
- Ability to travel to schools that are not close to public transport
- Be computer literate and have access to the basic information technology, including a willingness to download lessons to be observed for CST visits.
If you are interested, please apply to the CST Manager in the form of a one page letter in which you address briefly each of the requirements above, and add your resume /CV outlining your experiences and qualifications relevant to this role.
If you have questions, please contact Coral Sturgess, Classroom Support Team Manager: email@example.com
Phone the Helpdesk: 02 8068 7752