Join the CST
Classroom Support Team members support our ethics teachers by observing a class, sharing observation feedback and reflecting together with teachers. Team members work as coaches to support teachers to work within our facilitation and teaching framework in ways that suit both the teacher and their particular students and school context.
The role will best suit you if you have around 10 hours a term to give, and have experience in coaching, adult education or human resource management.
- Online Child Protection Awareness Training (20-30 minutes)
- Online Introductory course for existing volunteers (approx. 20 minutes)
- Two day new teacher face-to-face workshop
- Online induction to Classroom Support (approx. 2 hours)
- Basic coaching and feedback training
- Buddy visits with existing team members
- Ongoing mentoring and team development
- Working with Children Check
- Good interpersonal skills
- Comfortable receiving and providing constructive feedback
- Your own car so that you can travel to schools that are not close to public transport
- Ability and willingness to download lessons to take to classes so you can follow along. If you don’t have equipment to view them electronically, you’ll need to print them each time
If you are interested in taking on this additional level of responsibility, please contact:
Karen Lee, Training Manager/Classroom Support Team.
02 8068 7752