Join the Primary Ethics Classroom Support Team (CST)
We aim to double our team membership… that’s 12 to 24 members… to meet the needs of our growing community of ethics teachers.
- Looking for an opportunity to support our volunteer ethics teachers?
- Wanting to use/develop your coaching and feedback skills to support ethics teachers?
- Looking to support Primary Ethics in a volunteering role that offers flexibility and variety?
Then being a Primary Ethics CST member could be the opportunity that you have been searching for. If you have experience in coaching, adult education or human resource management or would like to develop skills in giving effective feedback, then this role might suit you. We acknowledge that you will bring to the role your valuable existing knowledge and understandings of PE and, we will provide additional training, so that CST members are well equipped to support teachers.
Classroom Support Team members support our Ethics Teachers by observing a class, sharing observation feedback and reflecting together with teachers. Team members work as coaches to support teachers to work within the Primary Ethics facilitation and teaching framework in ways that suit both the teacher and their particular students and school context.
The role will best suit you if you have around 10 hours a term to give, and have experience in coaching, adult education or human resource management.
- Online Child Protection Awareness Training (20-30 minutes)
- Online Introductory course for existing volunteers (approx. 20 minutes)
- Two – day new teacher face-to-face training (if required)
- Basic coaching and feedback training
- Shadowing visits with existing CST members (1-2 visits) and assessment by CST manager
- Continuing professional development
- Working with Children Check
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to volunteer the equivalent of about 10 hours across the school term to this role (ie one hour per week)
- Must be able to work remotely and be a self- starter
- Flexibility to respond to the varying times and days on which ethics classes are conducted in schools
- Ability to coordinate CST visits by communicating with the relevant ethics teacher and ethics coordinator
- Confidence in providing constructive feedback to adults
- Your own car, so that you can travel to schools that are not close to public transport
- Be computer literate and have access to the basic information technology, including a willingness to download lessons to be observed for CST visits.
If you are interested in this role, please make application to the CST Manager in the form of a one A4 page letter in which you address briefly each of the requirements above, and your resume /CV outlining your experiences and qualifications relevant to this role.
If you have questions, please contact Coral Sturgess, Classroom Support Team Manager
Phone: 02 8068 7752